Monday, May 9, 2011

so much excitement.

It is Monday. Monday's generally aren't very exciting for people. I mean, you're probably just sitting at your respective houses/apartments/coffee shops just waiting to hear about the most exciting part of my day. And I know you're thinking, "But Julie, it's only 10am. How could your day be so exciting already?" Well. I will tell you.

I'm in Owensville (exciting). At Grammy and Papa's house because I literally have only 2 obligations this entire week (exciting). One is a birthday party at McNally's, so I'm not sure if most people would really count that as an obligation, but I am going to. In fact, that is my favorite obligation of the week. I wish all my obligations involved pepper jack cheese sticks and a beer. But they don't, and in retrospect, that's probably a good thing. The other obligation is on Tuesday, which is not today. So, I'm in Owensville (double exciting).

On Monday/Wednesday/Friday mornings at 8am, Grammy goes to Old Lady Chair Aerobics at rehab (exciting). Yes, that is exactly what Grammy calls the class. Yes, Grammy took me with her this morning. Yes, it was all old ladies. Yes, it is just as good as it sounds. 

Just imagine a room full of old ladies sitting in chairs and doing bicep curls with 3lb weights.


Domination.
Then, as if it could get any better, the instructor went to a closet and pulled out a bag with Pickle Ball paddles. What is Pickle Ball, you may wonder? Are you ready for this? Basically, everyone gets a paddle and a Nerf ball and you play life-size ping pong with each other (exciting). Yeah. Grammy has been telling me about Pickle Ball for weeks. It was awesome. Nerf balls flying all over the room, old ladies scurrying around picking them up, determined looks on everyone's faces. Love.


Maybe my impending unemployment isn't so bad. I mean, I could always move back in with Grammy and Papa and just play Pickle Ball every day. Roomies unite (exciting)!

No comments:

Post a Comment