Friday, August 19, 2011

donkey.

I want a pet miniature donkey. Like whoa. I had a four day weekend last weekend and I thought it would be an opportune time to head back to Missouri for a visit. My mom got me flowers for my room and they were beautiful.

She loves me. And I love her.
And, sandwiched between Jeff City Night Out and a relaxing time in Owensville with Grammy and Papa, I got to experience the Missouri State Fair. They have wonderful things there. Things like...

Entire stands dedicated to corn dogs. I'm not sure if you remember how much I love corn dogs, but let me just tell you that it is a lot. I would have to say it is my favorite way to eat a hot dog. And my favorite way to eat cornbread. And if you've never had a Missouri State Fair corn dog, you are seriously missing out. And I'm not just saying that because I'm biased toward all things Missouri. I'm saying that because it is true.

Quilts. And who doesn't like a beautiful quilt? No one. One time, I lived with my grandparents. Papa taught me how to take leisurely bike-rides and Grammy taught me how to quilt. And I made a quilt and I entered it into the Gasconade County Fair and I got a blue ribbon and won $12. Big day.

Couples who wear matching outfits. Can you spot them? (It's kind of like Where's Waldo? except there are less stripes and it's insanely easier.) I also like the cutoff t-shirts.

Wooden cutouts where you can stick your face. This is my dad. His name is not Moe. But doesn't he look happy to be at the State Fair!?

And of course, miniature donkeys. Oh Mylanta, it's adorable. Yes, I would ride this little guy around New York. Yes, I would buy him an unlimited subway card so he could ride with me. Yes, I would name him Clancy. Yes, I would make it special cupcakes made with hay and apples and other things that donkeys love.

No comments:

Post a Comment