- I'm going to start eating more cheese. I love cheese. So much. So, I've decided that I don't care how many calories are in it or how bad people say that it is for me, I'm going to eat it. And a lot of it. Thus, my friend Sarah and I went to Sam's Club and bought cheese in bulk, because why start eating lots of cheese if you're not going to go all the way? I started with a pound of smoked gouda and a pound of gruyere. Love.
- My roomies and I are never going to take our Christmas tree down. Instead, we're going to decorate it accordingly for the various upcoming holidays. I can't wait to decorate for President's Day! I'm going to print out little faces of former presidents at the library with my graduate student print quota.
- I'm actually going to FINISH reading a book! I'm a notorious book non-finisher. Somehow, whenever I get to the last few chapters of a book, I just stop. People ask me how I can just stop and not figure out the ending, so I calmly remind them that I always read the last page, just to make sure it has a happy ending. Because I only like books with a happy ending. BUT, I'm reading The Help right now and it is excellent. So I'm going to finish it. Mark my words!
- I'm going to move to a city. Well, hopefully. And hopefully that city is either Boston or Providence. Otherwise, I guess I'll still be in Columbia. Or I could always move back in with Grammy and Papa. But, here's hoping I get a job in the East!
- I'm going to start saving more money. Because I'm almost a real grown-up and that's what real grown-ups do. Unfortunately, my shopping trip to St. Louis yesterday didn't help with this decision. But I did get a really cute jacket.
- I'm going to finish writing my book. Yes, I'm writing a book and it's almost done. Now, I just need to get someone to edit it and then I need to publish it. No big deal.
- I'm going to stop wearing pants when I'm at my apartment because I hate pants. Thus, I recently bought my first pair of leggings. Because it's not appropriate to just sit around pants-less all the time, but it is appropriate to sit around in leggings. In fact, I'm not sure why I ever stopped wearing leggings. When I was little, I would only wear "soft clothes," meaning leggings, oversized t-shirts and sweatshirt dresses. I was the softest kid in the neighborhood and I think I will soon be the softest twenty-something in Columbia.
Monday, January 17, 2011
Recently, I've made some very important decisions.