So, yesterday my roomie convinced me to go get a manicure with her. I don't know why, but I'm really weird about my nails. Normally, they are cut down to the nub and painted bright pink (I work with children...), but Danielle convinced me that I need to be fancy for the holidays. I have no idea why this made sense at the time, but I decided to go for it.
I got acrylics with white tips (whatever that means. Danielle just walked up there and told them what to do). I'm still not sure how I feel about them. When I was little, I used to beg my mom for those fake press-on nails from Walgreens and she would never get them for me (rightfully so...they're pretty ridiculous. I always wanted the super long ones, too). Now I'm a grown up and can get them whenever I want! It's kind of like how I used to think: "When I'm a grown-up I'm going to buy Gushers every time I go to the grocery store!" And now that I have that power, I never buy Gushers. I do buy ice cream, frozen pizza and beer every time I shop, however. Those cashiers definitely judge me.
Anyway, to decide how I feel about them I've made a pros and cons list:
- They make me feel more like an adult. I mean, I am 25 years old. I'm closer to being 50 than I am to my birth! I can have fake nails! I AM AN ADULT!
- They make a clicking sound when I type. That's kind of fun.
- It feels like I'm getting a massage when I wash my hair. And since I hate taking showers more than anything, this makes showering more bearable.
- I baked some cookies called Melt-aways today and aside from being some of the most amazing cookies I've ever tasted, they also matched my nails. That was nice.
- They glow under black-lights! And you may be wondering: how often are you under a black-light? Well, as a matter of fact, I went Galactic bowling last night and I had the brightest nails on the lanes!
- I guess I look fancier.
- They make me feel more like an adult. I'M OLD!
- They make a clicking sound when I type. I mean, it's fun for a little bit, but now I'm afraid I'm going to damage something with my intense typing. I'm a great typer, not to brag or anything.
- Texting is hard. I mean, look at my fingers. They're chubby. I already have enough trouble typing the correct buttons without fake nails to deal with.
- Bowling is also hard. Of course I go bowling the day I get fake nails.
- My sister judged me. I'm going to make her come and get them with me next time (if there is a next time).
- They cost money. I'm living on a graduate student stipend.