Monday, February 21, 2011

ice cream, i will run to you.

Today I bought new running shoes. And then I bought a half gallon of Maine Blueberry Cheesecake ice cream. And another half gallon of vanilla ice cream. And a pint of coffee ice cream. I think I may have a problem. 
Ice cream holds a very special place in my heart.
A place way up between the spots filled by fluffy bunnies and my grandparents.
 
I've recently realized that the only reason I work out is so that I can eat more ice cream. Is it bad that I may or may not live for ice cream? I eat it every night, and sometimes for breakfast, because frozen yogurt is the same as regular yogurt, just frozen. Fact. It even have "live and active cultures" to help with my digestion, because we all know I need it after the massive amounts of ice cream I consume. It's almost as thoughtful as it is delicious!
These happy little guys want to make me regular!
Who cares if I have to run 7 miles so that I can eat numerous servings every day? Who cares if I eat small dinners so that I can save room in my stomach for multiple scoops of frozen goodness? Who cares if I could take down the entire gallon and a pint that I bought tonight in one sitting?  I'll tell you who. The San Francisco Creamery Co. cares. That's who. And why should they care about a girl from the Midwest who loves ice cream? Because they have an ice cream competition that I will dominate..1 hour, 3 bananas, 8 scoops of ice cream, 8 servings of toppings, mounds of whipped cream, toasted almonds and cherries. Bring. It. On.
Is that supposed to be a lot of ice cream?
Apparently no girls have ever finished this challenge, and I'm planning on being the first.  For my toppings, I'm going to get quadruple caramel, double hot fudge, and double butterscotch. And sprinkles. Not the chocolate kind, but the colorful kind. For my training, I will continue to eat gallons of ice cream in one sitting. Sure, you may have to drag my bloated stomach from the premises afterward, but I will finish. And you will be proud. (Can you tell that my roomie and I sit around watching Man vs. Food, mumbling to ourselves how we could finish each challenge? Well, we do and we could. I'm not sure if I should be embarrassed about that...)


And for the record, the Maine Blueberry Cheesecake flavor is phenomenal. Think blueberry cheesecake flavored ice cream, chunks of pie crust and blueberry syrup swirls. Yes, I will probably finish it all tonight.


Dear Ice Cream,
I love you.
Forever yours,
Julie

1 comment: